New, new homepage!

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guru
Site Admin

New, new homepage!

Post by guru » Thu May 23, 2013 1:36 am

OK, Just call me captain slack but after an age of staring at a very plain text 'emergency' homepage I've finally managed to find some time to fix it, and I think it looks better then ever!

This post is a call for idea's opinions and more importantly photo's! As you may notice the scrolling photo banner at the top is a major part of the page so we need some crackers to really show the rest of the world what a great car the 800 really is. Therefore if you have any really good high resolution pics then I'll use them to replace the ad-hoc assortment that I grabbed just to get the page going. I will need hi-res copies to crop down so either post them here or pm me and I'll give you an e-mail address to send them to.
I'd also like to create a few information pages so if you have an article you'd like to write an article please reply here and I'll arrange it.

Anyway have a look at http://rover800.info and let me know what you think!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Re: New, new homepage!

Post by TheVDM » Thu May 23, 2013 7:30 am

I'm liking the new home page, the rotating banner is a great feature too.

Perhaps some of the guides that have been written on repairing certain parts of these cars might make it onto the main site, I am about to do a full service on my car so I could always get the camera out and write a 'how to suck eggs' guide to servicing your 820 if you like.

If you pm me your email address I'm sure I will have some nice images of my car that you can use.

It's looking good though.
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MG Mal » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 am

How about an age related gallery? in two sections covering all years and models with pics if possible.
(take a peek at the metro owners club home page to see what I mean)
If a specific model is owned by a member of the forum, it could be linked to their "your Rover" thread?

Mk1's
Mk2's
etc

simon
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by simon » Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

I like it
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu May 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Looks good - now, let's all come up with ideas to make it even better.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Skip the "are you sure you absolutely decided to press the log out button and not just made an error of sorts".
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Looking good!! here is my suggestion, could we have a copy of the link's added to the bottom of the pages so you don't have to scroll back up to move between thread/boards etc. Also maybe pages dedicated to the various models as mgmal is suggesting like 820 827 T series that sort of thing.
also a dedicated gallery so members can post up pics of their cars.

keep up the good work homepage is now a new icon on my fav bar
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!

Post by Alucard7002 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:47 am

Gallery +1

Copy the History section from the forum to the homepage so visitors can read a nice history of the various models (bit like ARonline but no quite so in depth!)

My only thought is the colour, white background with blue text - then you go to a blue background on black text on the forum. Perhaps match one to 'tother in either way?
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B