POL 2014 - UPDATED WITH MAP AND IMPORTANT INFO

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

POL 2014 - UPDATED WITH MAP AND IMPORTANT INFO

Post by vito » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:45 pm

POL 2014 are inviting 'clubs' to register so a pitch can be set aside, maybe of interest to us as a lot of forum member will be attending I suspect.

I'll be more than happy to pay the £10 membership fee and send the form off on behalf of the forum, should be worth it to get an allocated pitch and hopefully some organisation from the stewards on the day.

Scroll fully to bottom of page :

http://www.austinlongbridgefederation.co.uk/
Last edited by vito on Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: POL 2014 - Of interest to Kate perhaps ....

Post by vito » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Form and payment now in the post recorded delivery, hopefully we'll have a dedicated pitch for 20 vehicles in the forum name for the next two years.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:19 am

Excellent, thanks
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Well done Gaz a very nice gesture I hope we get a good turn out for your selfless act
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 pm

Well done Gary. Thanks for taking a lead with this and look forward to seeing you both up there. Last year was a fab turn out and we should easily fill the 20 places.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:25 pm

Excellent - just had a reply back from John POL organiser - transcript below :

*****************************************************************************************************************

Evening Gary

Just to confirm I have received your application for ALF and cheque for £10.

I have reserved a stand for 20 cars, and your reference will be (AS)

An updated layout of Cofton Park will be sent out at the weekend.

Kind regards

John

*****************************************************************************************************************

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 pm

I am very much disappointed by this but I will not be attending this event due to a belated house move.

Happy motoring and I hope you all have a trouble free run to and from the event.

I am sure you will all (please) post pictures of the day.
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Real shame Steve, been good to have caught up, check out the other shows I posted or see you at Peterborough all being well ............

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Update received from John at POL today, we all need an 'AS' in the window, email and map received maybe print off.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Morning

Attached is a layout of the Park.

Rover800info = AS To help the marshals your members need to print the letter AS and put it in the windscreen.

You can set up at 9am and members can arrive from 9.30am

A few health and safety rules:

Please drive slowly.

Dogs must be on a lead at all times, or in the car.

Car radios, etc., must not be audible.

No alcohol is to be brought into the park.

Kind regards
John

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

You should be able to print these off as an A5 print or insert image into a blank word document and print and trim - if of use.

I personally won't be there till 12/1 ish due to Saturday morning commitment then over to Studkley Castle after the event for the night at the old Rover conference centre and management training school for a lovely stayover for Mrs V's birthday, some nice ale, plonk and a bit of fine dining .........

http://www.studleycastle.co.uk/what-is- ... wickshire/

The good news is Saturday looking lovely unlike last year ............

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/longbr ... 5?hour=105

TDHFastback

Re: POL 2014 - UPDATED WITH MAP AND IMPORTANT INFO

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Thanks for doing all this Gary. Just been out prepping the car for tomorrow. Will bring some banners, flyers, stickers etc.

Unfortunatly whilst looking for some of stuff for the show I discoverd that it was not only my Prestiges that got stolen in January but the thieveing scumbags also pinched a box full of tools, cable ties, rope, and other paraphinalia for securing stands/ banners (the tool box was very old and covered in vintage motorcyle stickers I'd collected over the years :( ) as well as the gazebo that you gave last year. (I assume they wanted the metal poles or didn't know what it was so just nicked it anyway. :x :x :cry:)

We will replace the gazebo with a new one for the club.

Looking forward to tommorow. Weathers looking fab so hopefully a good turn out.

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

After having an unspeakable time with the house move I will now be attending the POL and i'm aiming to get to Beaconsfield for 07:30 for the convoy and onto Crofton park.

I hope to see some of you at the M40 services and will be in the MK 2 Nightfire Red Vitesse fastback S202 XDP.

Kate I can bring along some cable ties if needed and would have brought a Gazebo but that is stored elsewhere unfortunately, if there is anything else you might need let me know.
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:04 pm

TDHFastback wrote:Thanks for doing all this Gary. Just been out prepping the car for tomorrow. Will bring some banners, flyers, stickers etc.

Unfortunatly whilst looking for some of stuff for the show I discoverd that it was not only my Prestiges that got stolen in January but the thieveing scumbags also pinched a box full of tools, cable ties, rope, and other paraphinalia for securing stands/ banners (the tool box was very old and covered in vintage motorcyle stickers I'd collected over the years :( ) as well as the gazebo that you gave last year. (I assume they wanted the metal poles or didn't know what it was so just nicked it anyway. :x :x :cry:)

We will replace the gazebo with a new one for the club.

Looking forward to tommorow. Weathers looking fab so hopefully a good turn out.

What a shame Kate , any Insurance possible ?

rovercoup wrote:After having an unspeakable time with the house move I will now be attending the POL and i'm aiming to get to Beaconsfield for 07:30 for the convoy and onto Crofton park.
Excellent news Steve, look forward to seeing both you and Kate and the lovely Nightfire Vitesse

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:12 pm

May be there in the Coupe depending how things go this evening (working late this evening).

If I manage to wake up in time, see you all tomorrow. If I don't then have a good day!

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:50 pm

Thats great news Steve. That Vitesse of yours is just gorgeous and will be a real head turner. (not jealous at all :wink: )

Thanks for the offer re cable ties etc but all in hand. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:39 pm

DLR wrote:May be there in the Coupe depending how things go this evening (working late this evening).

If I manage to wake up in time, see you all tomorrow. If I don't then have a good day!
So you have sorted out the gearbox leak then, well done!
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997