Website problems 23rd & 24th May

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guru
Site Admin

Website problems 23rd & 24th May

Post by guru » Tue May 26, 2015 3:53 pm

As many of our regulars will be aware the website was down with a database problem for a good chunk of the weekend.

The database problem was fairly minor and just needed a quick repair however it happened to choose the weekend that I was partying in a field (Radio 1's Big Weekend!) so I'm afraid it didn't get any attention until I made it back to my laptop on Sunday.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the database however I think it was a one off and is unlikely to happen again any time soon. Apologies for the downtime.
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: Website problems 23rd & 24th May

Post by BlueRover » Tue May 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Why apologise ? These things happen. I just thought Richard hadn't paid the bill ....
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue May 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks for sorting this out, James and for continuing to host the forum
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Sterling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sterling » Tue May 26, 2015 9:15 pm

How do I make a donation to the forum. I value this site a lot. Thanks for the hard work and effort that people give free of charge, just to keep it going. I for one appreciate it very much.

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Tue May 26, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks for sorting it out James, we were getting withdrawal symptoms! Your time and effort is much appreciated.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 am

Sterling wrote:How do I make a donation to the forum. I value this site a lot. Thanks for the hard work and effort that people give free of charge, just to keep it going. I for one appreciate it very much.
That's a good question - and the answer is that we don't have a system in place to do it at the moment
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Wed May 27, 2015 7:37 am

Sterling wrote:How do I make a donation to the forum. I value this site a lot. Thanks for the hard work and effort that people give free of charge, just to keep it going. I for one appreciate it very much.
Cash in an ASDA carrier bag behind the toilets in the Rose and Crown. Tell the barman the cistern's overflowing again. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS.

:lol:
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Wed May 27, 2015 7:44 am

Thanks James - as ever, your efforts are hugely appreciated.

And as for donations, I still think if Richard and/or James put a PayPal 'Donate' button on the bottom of every page (like they have managed over on the Brown forum), people would be happy to contribute a few pennies here and there without creating any kind of obligation on those who receive the money.

I'd be happy to bung a fiver your way and expect nothing in return - I'm just grateful for the opportunity to read (and now hopefully even give) advice over the years.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)