Forum upgrade and new look

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Forum upgrade and new look

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:39 am

Aaaaaaaaaah i see! :D So it's quite an old device then! :lol: Got a few of them floating around here plus a couple that run Win10.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by dollysprint » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:50 pm

guru wrote:A PC still running Windows XP!
Wonder if thats me, or am I on Vista? Either way I know whatever I'm running both windows and google no longer support it with updates. Trouble with small devices is by the time I enlarge the script big enough to read I am then constantly scrolling to read the next 2 words of any given sentence, slowly I lose the will to live and give up. The other problem is some of the updated systems seem to struggle to read the 800 data discs I have that date from an earlier time.
Also worth remembering, and this is a problem in the 800 Owners Club, some of our members do not have computers and handheld devices at all, let alone windows 10, paypal and email or a liking for Faceache.
Headers could be played with, colour, badges "engineering in a finer form" all that kind of thing to catch the eye of the passerby but as a long standing member and a complete I T idiot as long as I can read it, I'm happy.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:00 pm

It's far better on small devices now Dave, worth a look if it'll help you out and about.

I guess it's easy to assume everyone moves with the world/technology.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:36 pm

dollysprint wrote:
guru wrote:A PC still running Windows XP!
Wonder if thats me, or am I on Vista? Either way I know whatever I'm running both windows and google no longer support it with updates. Trouble with small devices is by the time I enlarge the script big enough to read I am then constantly scrolling to read the next 2 words of any given sentence, slowly I lose the will to live and give up. The other problem is some of the updated systems seem to struggle to read the 800 data discs I have that date from an earlier time.
Also worth remembering, and this is a problem in the 800 Owners Club, some of our members do not have computers and handheld devices at all, let alone windows 10, paypal and email or a liking for Faceache.
Headers could be played with, colour, badges "engineering in a finer form" all that kind of thing to catch the eye of the passerby but as a long standing member and a complete I T idiot as long as I can read it, I'm happy.

Dave
It could have been me even while using one of my XP things for stuff that Win10 can't do. I'm pleased i'm not the only one that calls it Faceache either! :D

It's a very valid point that not everyone has hand-held devices or even laptops, many people rely on steam-driven computers still running Win95 (although they must be painfully slow by now but if that's what they're used to..........) and even for those with the choice, my usual weapon of choice is the desktop - it's faster than the laptop, has a bigger screen and a real mouse. Daresay many others are the same.
The big thing here is that the forum has to be all things to all people so a level of compromise has to be expected. Hopefully James' skill will reduce the impact to all of us though.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!