ROVER 800 CLUB AGM

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ROVER 800 CLUB AGM

Post by dollysprint » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm

All members of the Rover 800 Owners Club are formally invited to attend it's Annual General Meeting on the 21st January 2017 at MG Longbridge, the meeting will start at 13.30.
This invitation extends to non club members also, anyone who owns or admires the 800 marque is welcome to attend, come and see what we hope to achieve and be a part of building the club.
If you can't attend but wish to raise a point for discussion then please feel free to contact me via PM or ring or text me.
Conversely if you wish to join the club then please visit the Club website http://www.rover800.org.uk

Hope to see you there.

Dave Smart
CONTACT 07717 299226
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ROVER 800 CLUB AGM

Post by tonewheeldude » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:33 pm

I plan to be there.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:55 pm

http://eepurl.com/ct_Axv
Having some serious issues with photobucket, as in its rubbish. So until I sort it out please click on the link to view the all new Rover 800 Owners Club Service Bulletin
If you have a read through you will see we are seeking cars(and owners) to take part in the Classic Car Restoration show at the NEC in March 2017. We are still awaiting the exact size of the stand so can't say for certain how many cars we can fit on but we need to start thinking about exhibits for the show. Now I will clarify this with some humour, we do not want full body rebuild projects, welding is out, unless we can provide Birmingham fire brigade on stand by, install full height body screens to guard against the public being hit by sparks and issue every entrant with welding goggles in case they happen to glance over and become blinded by the arc! You catch my drift, we are subject to Health and Safety Risk Assessment criteria, insurance and the most expensive electricity tariff you will ever come across!
So simple but effective repairs please, re-hanging a bumper, re-chroming body side mouldings, spraying mirror covers or at the risk of causing serious harm re-soldering a fuse box, that kind of thing. Anyway your ideas on a postcard to this thread.
If your car is chosen then it will have to remain on the stand for the duration which I think is 3 days. a £10 fee will be payable and you will be required to stay with the car and help out. Of course your car will leave better than it arrived and if you are thinking of a full body rebuild in the future then this is the show to attend, you will of course be free to wander round the show picking up tips and knowledge.
Anyway that is enough from me I shall go back to swearing at photobucket!!

Dave
Forum Liaison

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 am

Totally off-topic and apologies Dave but a lot of people seem to be having problems with Photobucket at the moment.

Whether this is any help or not i don't know as it's purely anecdotal evidence on my part but so far all the people i know that are NOT having trouble seem to be using Firefox, i don't know what browsers the others are using but maybe it's a browser related problem. Or maybe it's related to Windows 10, again those not having problems seem to be running 10 but again, purely anecdotal.

Hope that's some use to you and good luck for the AGM!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

[img]http://www.roverfest.uk/entry-form/[/img]
Anybody interested, here is the entry form for Rover Fest being administered under the Joint Rover Clubs. Should be a fun weekend and in the height of summer................albeit an English one!

Dave

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm thinking maybe to come, but this depends fully on the weather conditions. It's nearly a 4 hour drive for me to Longbridge which is fair enough on a good day, but I won't be taking chances in the 800 in icy/snowy conditions, because it's not worth having an accident, and then I'll also have to wash off all the salt underneath which I do enough all year round as it is whilst paying for that privilege.

For next year it might be worth considering holding this event at a more favourable time of year for those driving longer distances.

Like I say though I'm thinking to come all being well. :D
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi Charles
I take your point about January and weather/road conditions, it was regrettable that the AGM was late this year for various reasons, should actually have taken place around the time of the NEC Classic Car Show in November 2016, one year after the Club launch. There is a school of thought that suggests AGM's would be best held one month after the close of the financial year(april 5th) so early May once all the financial statements are accounted, and there are advantages to doing that. In reality as long as everyone is in agreement there is no reason why we can't move future AGM's to any part of the year deemed preferred, coincide with a show for example.
This point can be raised under "any other business" at the AGM and it would be nice to see as many members as possible both from a business and social point of view.

Dave

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Post by Charles827si » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:58 pm

dollysprint wrote:Hi Charles
I take your point about January and weather/road conditions, it was regrettable that the AGM was late this year for various reasons, should actually have taken place around the time of the NEC Classic Car Show in November 2016, one year after the Club launch. There is a school of thought that suggests AGM's would be best held one month after the close of the financial year(april 5th) so early May once all the financial statements are accounted, and there are advantages to doing that. In reality as long as everyone is in agreement there is no reason why we can't move future AGM's to any part of the year deemed preferred, coincide with a show for example.
This point can be raised under "any other business" at the AGM and it would be nice to see as many members as possible both from a business and social point of view.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I just was thinking that setting off around 8 in the morning is bad traffic wise as well, though it is getting lighter now in a mornings. Then heading off back, depending on what time this all concludes, will start to get dark around 4-5. But if it's worse in the evening, I could always book overnight stay at Premier Inn/Travelodge and drive home refreshed in the light of day.
I'll keep an eye on the forecast.

If anybody has Coupe bits such as the electric aerial or anything they have they want rid of, please bring!
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

ImSmarticus

Post by ImSmarticus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:10 pm

I plan to present. Do I need know or bring anything?
Danny
1998 Rover 820 Sterling Coupe - Oxford Blue
2015 Ford Focus 1.5 TDCI Zetec S - Moondust Silver
Should The Lord Have Commissioned Gordon Sked to Design The Human? Discuss

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Yourself and enough money to buy dad lunch!

ImSmarticus

Post by ImSmarticus » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:53 pm

I can manage that.
Danny

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:25 pm

dollysprint wrote:Yourself and enough money to buy dad lunch!
ImSmarticus wrote:I can manage that.
I don't think he means McDonalds either! :wink: :lol: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Charles, if you down this way for the AGM meeting will you collect your coupe sills?
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

ImSmarticus

Post by ImSmarticus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:24 am

scoobyh123 wrote:
dollysprint wrote:Yourself and enough money to buy dad lunch!
ImSmarticus wrote:I can manage that.
I don't think he means McDonalds either! :wink: :lol: :D
Indeed...
Danny

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:46 am

I would think at least a Brewers Fayre
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05