We need a new meet

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:34 pm

We did not get to Himley Hall last year but liked the idea of the setting and if i remember correctly the fee included access to the house and gardens - if that interests any one.

The show at Walsall was a good one, we went to that last year.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by SJG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:36 pm

stig wrote:are you planning to attend all these shows Simon? have you got contact numbers for entry forms ect. i should be able to do some at least.
Not sure we will go to all of them but certainly to a few.
Simon

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I have received the following email message from the Transtar organisers and it seems we can decide collectively where we want to go to and then create a block booking. See below and give your thoughts..

Have discussed your email with Geoff and he suggests you visit our website at: www.transtarpromotions.co.uk where you will see the events we do and then download an entry form from the front page - marked "general entry form" and enter some of our events putting your club name on the space applicable. I can either collate your entries when they are sent in by members or you can do a block booking completing one form and adding a list of the vehicles details of the other members. You would then be responsible for making sure that passes and instructions get to members before they arrive at the venue. Any queries please feel free to telephone either Geoff or myself on 01922 643385.

Regards

Linda Price
Transtar Promotions

Perhaps if we organise something through these people and see how it goes we can then look to source organisers of events in places where people are based/would be prepared to travel to and see if they are prepared to to cater for us in a similar way?

Anyway hope this helps.

ps Does this mean we should think again about the idea of forming the "Rover 800 Enthusiasts Club"?!

Regards from from your events organiser!!!
Simon

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote:Regards from from your events organiser!!!
Be careful what you wish for. :lol: :wink:

Thanks, Simon.

I guess it's down to a vote then folks if these suggestions are of interest to us?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:29 pm

Simon Hubbard wrote:ps Does this mean we should think again about the idea of forming the "Rover 800 Enthusiasts Club"?!
I think we need to revisit that discussion, certainly.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:06 pm

N.Wales sounds good to me, not been that way for years.

Mal's is local, so that would be OK :D .

Wouldn't mind a ride down to Peterborough for the BL do if we're not on hols.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Seems like the Midlands have a lot of shows which may be too far for some from down here in the South, especially as the majority of 800 enthusiasts seem to be in that area at the moment. I might be able to make the odd one, but family and business commitments make it difficult to travel at times. The idea of a 'formal' Club format seems attractive in some ways and a regional basis MIGHT be easier to arrange meets and shows. Just a thought
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Mike V
Rover Guru

Post by Mike V » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:29 am

I like the idea of meets in the North. Of course Im willing to travel as I know there's not too many of us up here. CITP was a decent distance away from me so I wouldn't mind driving to that sort of location. The North Wales show is a similar distance and I would probably have gone to that but Il be away on that date.

edit:

As an idea we could put our postcodes onto a google map and it will show all the members on a map of the uk. Its certainly easier to see where everyone is located and thus workout a relevant meeting point. Something like this:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 743164&z=6
MIKE V

rich1988
Rover Guru

Post by rich1988 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am

Ill make an attempt to come to any of these but they are all pretty far away for us southerners (and I dont like doing a lot of driving since its what I do for work!)
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:40 am

rich1988 wrote:Ill make an attempt to come to any of these but they are all pretty far away for us southerners (and I dont like doing a lot of driving since its what I do for work!)
I understand that. However, as a car 'group' surely driving these cars is what it's all about!

How about two meets, one in the South and one up Mal's way or slightly more north?

Us Brummie/Black Country/Worcestershire lot could then go to both!
No longer an 800 owner!

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:53 am

schuwolf wrote:Seems like the Midlands have a lot of shows which may be too far for some from down here in the South, especially as the majority of 800 enthusiasts seem to be in that area at the moment.
I think you will find that there are shows all over the country.

The only reason i put a list from the midlands area is because this is what i currently know about and go to at the moment.

That is why i suggested if we organise something through these people, as we have made a contact with them and they have made a reasonable suggestion for us to attend their events and we can see how it goes. If the format works we can then look to source organisers of events around the country and see if they are prepared to to cater for us in a similar way.
Simon

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

schuwolf wrote:Seems like the Midlands have a lot of shows which may be too far for some from down here in the South, especially as the majority of 800 enthusiasts seem to be in that area at the moment. I might be able to make the odd one, but family and business commitments make it difficult to travel at times. The idea of a 'formal' Club format seems attractive in some ways and a regional basis MIGHT be easier to arrange meets and shows. Just a thought
It is difficult to find somewhere local enough for everyone unfortunately.

Nothing stopping you sorting something your way and posting it up here though. :D
Chris

rich1988
Rover Guru

Post by rich1988 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:
rich1988 wrote:Ill make an attempt to come to any of these but they are all pretty far away for us southerners (and I dont like doing a lot of driving since its what I do for work!)
I understand that. However, as a car 'group' surely driving these cars is what it's all about!

How about two meets, one in the South and one up Mal's way or slightly more north?

Us Brummie/Black Country/Worcestershire lot could then go to both!
ah but this is the thing. I dont have a rover anymore :( so any driving to a meet would be in the slow van of doom, if I had a car Id be quite happy to drive distance!
1995 woodcote green vitesse fastback, a modified (only perfomance mods!) 1998 nissan 200sx s14a, 2000 1.7 astra van (HELL YEA)

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm

schuwolf wrote:Bromley Pageant will be back next year. Think we should try and get a few of us in the 'One make line up'. with the other Rovers. That's free. Or even a Club Stand. SD1 Club and SD1 Kent Region were both there with 3 Car Club Stands.
Broadlands Pageant of Motoring is on 30 & 31 August. (Hampshire)
Swale Festival of Transport is on 26 & 27 September (Kent)
Could be something there for us Southerners :D

As above:
Metalmickey will be going to Broadlands and I will probably go too.
Al, Metal and me are due to go to the Swale show
Bromley is huge and I'll be there next year again, with the 800
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 pm

schuwolf wrote:Metalmickey will be going to Broadlands and I will probably go too.
Do they offer camping there?

I could be up for that as long as I could camp Sat night.

Anyone else fancy a ride?
Chris