Motor Racing Returns to the Palace

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schuwolf
Rover Guru

Motor Racing Returns to the Palace

Post by schuwolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:22 am

Motor Racing was held at Crystal Palace Park Circuit since the 30's. It ceased more than 10 years ago (although I thought it was a lot longer). I certainly attended the meetings whilst still at School and for many years after, watching people like Christabell Carlisle, Roy Salvadori, Stirling Moss and many others in Saloon Cars, Sports Cars, Formula 1, 2 & 3 cars, and Historic cars. I watched the 1st Lotus Cars, early Lolas, Mk 2 Jags, Minis, a Ford Galaxy behemoth, C, D & E Types, ERAs, Bugattis all do battle round the pretty circuit. Club Racing was also a regular fixture.

I was very excited when I chanced upon an article in the South London Press announcing the return of Motor Racing at Crystal Palace. Details are on http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/ .

Phil, fancy a day at the Palace?
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Most DEF!!!

Will pop up to yours next weekend to sort out Pagaent stuff.

NEED another 800 for the stand...
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Okies.

Another 800 owner want to show their pride & joy off at the largest 1 Day Car Show in Europe, anyone????
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable