Charity Donations Richard Taylor

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Moss
Site Owner

Charity Donations Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Copied from the Classic Rover Forum.
Charitable Donations in leiu of Flowers

As previously stated the family have requested that family flowers only accompany Richard.
However as stated there WILL be a wreath from the Rover Community on this forum,
I am grateful Joanne has allowed this and thank her for that kind decision.

After much thought Joanne & The Boys have decided that those who wish
can send donations in Richard's memory to a local charity linked both
to the hospital he spent a lot of time at (Pinderfields) and Leukaemia.

This charity is Wakefield Oncology Leukaemia Fund (W.O.L.F.)
Registered Charity Number: 1034649

Their aims are stated as

(1) THE RELIEF OF PERSONS SUFFERING FROM CANCER, LEUKAEMIA OR OTHER BLOOD DISORDERS
AND IN PARTICULAR BY THE PROVISION FROM TIME TO TIME OF EQUIPMENT FOR
THE DEPARTMENT OF HAEMATOLOGY AT PINDERFIELDS HOSPITAL WAKEFIELD
OR SUCH OTHER HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL CENTRES WHERE HAEMATOLOGY WORK
IS CARRIED OUT OR RESEARCHED AS THE TRUSTEES SHALL FROM TIME TO TIME AGREE UPON

(2) THE RELIEF OF CURRENT OR FORMER PATIENTS WHO ARE OR HAVE ATTENDED THE HOSPITALS
OR MEDICAL CENTRES MENTIONED IN THE PRECEDING SUB-CLAUSE BY THE PAYMENT OF MONEY
OR THE PROVISION OF NECESSITIES AS A CONSEQUENCE OF THEIR TREATMENT

The Consultant who looked after Richard is also a Trustee of the Charity

This link will take you to the Charity Commission website listing for the charity
http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Sho ... ryNumber=0

As you can see there they are not well off and need the funds to carry on the good work they do in the region.

Wakefield Oncology Leukaemia Fund (W.O.L.F.) at this time do not have a website but I am sure we can help make that happen as well ;-)

Cheques (made payable W.O.L.F.) can be sent to:

W.O.L.F.
MRS J BRUCE
78 FOXHOLES LANE
NORMANTON
WAKEFIELD
WF6 2PE
UNITED KINGDOM

Please enclose a short note explaining that the donation is in Memory of Richard W. Taylor
who passed away aged 40 years at Pinderfields Hospital on
20/06/12 due to complications brought about by Leukaemia.

Anyone wanting to use Paypal to assist in the purchase of the Wreath can message Chris York
I will be ordering the Wreath tomorrow from a trusted local florist, it will be around the 50 quid mark.
Any excess donated to Chris through Paypal will of course be forwarded to the nominated Charity.

Pete Knowles
If you wish to make a Paypal donation, I would suggest sending a PM to Pete K to get the details. Either that or Pete can send the paypal address to me and I'll take care of passing it on.

I will be out on a dune bashing trip tomorrow at the time of Richard's funeral and will try to stop and mark the occasion at the appropriate time (we're 3 hours ahead of the UK).
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Charity Donations Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 am

Just to add - I have the Paypal details for donations, please PM me for the address
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Info on donations etc. on the Classic Rover forum. http://www.classicroverforum.com/viewto ... 8&start=15
If anyone wants to make a donation, there is still time.

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MG Mal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I saw Chris at the Wake.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable