Classic Insurance? Who has it?

Anything to do with cars (non technical)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gibbzy2k1
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Classic Insurance? Who has it?

Post by gibbzy2k1 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Just wondering who has a classic insurance policy on the 800. Are they any good? I am looking to be going back to uni for 3 years full time in September so the Coupe will get even less use than now I would have thought. I think it did about 6k last year. I was wondering if I would be better to stick it on a classic, low mileage policy? Are there any pitfals to having a classic policy? ANyone have any recomendations? I would probably prefer an agreed value too but I need to keep the premium down as low as possible so might have to forget that.
"Hey, let's be careful out there"

Callen
1994 Rover 820 Vitesse Sport *RIP
2005 MG ZS+ 115
1997 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe
1998 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon

simon
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Classic Insurance? Who has it?

Post by simon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Try peter best we have the saab on one of there classic policy's jane.
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

Charles827si
Rover Guru

Re: Classic Insurance? Who has it?

Post by Charles827si » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm

When my mum was driving our 827, she was with Lancaster and it was £120.00 fully comp for her two years ago, with a courtesy car, European cover and breakdown cover included. Although since she chooses not to drive the car for the time being (which is still registered in her name from new) I've gone with Aviva, so the policy is in my name, and this way I can hopefully build up no claims and still keep the car on the road.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage