... meanwhile, on MacD.... 820 turbo related..

Anything to do with cars (non technical)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BlueRover
Rover Guru

... meanwhile, on MacD.... 820 turbo related..

Post by BlueRover » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:07 pm

There's always comments about how badly the MG brand is doing nowadays (but there is some support for the brand too, which is good).
A topic was mentioning the MG6 LE and how there are only 2 currently taxed which makes it rare.
I did a search for the 820 16v turbo (as on the V5) and it shows 2 taxed in Q1 with 19 SORNed.
I'm sure there are more currently on the road but if anyone reading this can say if they have one either taxed or SORNed perhaps we can confirm the database accuracy of how many left ? Mine was SORNed in April for one month while I did the headgasket but that would show up on Q2.

Oh, and anyone who wants to can proudly display their beasty.

Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Re: ... meanwhile, on MacD.... 820 turbo related..

Post by BlueRover » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Perhaps I should have been more specific. 1991 Mk1 820 16v turbo, not the Mk2 Vitesse but thanks any way. I do see the Tickford mentioned in your car list, do you still have it ?
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

torque2me
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ... meanwhile, on MacD.... 820 turbo related..

Post by torque2me » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 am

BlueRover wrote:There's always comments about how badly the MG brand is doing nowadays (but there is some support for the brand too, which is good).
A topic was mentioning the MG6 LE and how there are only 2 currently taxed which makes it rare.
I did a search for the 820 16v turbo (as on the V5) and it shows 2 taxed in Q1 with 19 SORNed.
I'm sure there are more currently on the road but if anyone reading this can say if they have one either taxed or SORNed perhaps we can confirm the database accuracy of how many left ? Mine was SORNed in April for one month while I did the headgasket but that would show up on Q2.

Oh, and anyone who wants to can proudly display their beasty.

Currently taxed....that must be mine ;-)

Kev

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable