Joining the new club.

Anything to do with cars (non technical)

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
traineefarmer
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Joining the new club.

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Is anyone having any issues here? I signed up shortly after the website had the facility to do so, but I haven't heard anything from them. Aside from the fact that the site says you don't need a paypal account to join when you actually do, I used my wife's account and the money has gone out but I have had no receipt or confirmation of my application to join.

Any similar experiences? Do we have an official forum liason for the club? The only form of communication on the club's site I can find is a webform which I dont really trust for sending private info, and there is no commitee member listing so I simply don't know who to contact.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

dollysprint
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Joining the new club.

Post by dollysprint » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Tom
I'm a committee member, although unfortunately due to circumstance I couldn't make the 2nd meeting at the NEC the other sunday. I do however have a contact so I'll find out whats going on.
For now can I just say bear with us its early days, however I agree if we are taking membership fees then there should be a method of contact for this sort of query.

Dave (archivist) Rover 800 Club
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:55 pm

I wasn't looking to cause a fuss, as I know that the club is legitimate, but thank you for the reply. These things are just better bought to attention earlier, in case there is a problem with the website sign-up system.

If I was a someone who had joined without knowing of the clubs beginnings and the good people running it, I would be far more concerned.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Tom,

Sorry that you have had problems joining, You should get your welcome pack in the next few days. Regarding contact - there is a contact form on the website or you can email directly using: info@rover800.org.uk
But I will mention this to the Membership Secretary.

The sign up section. Although the club uses Paypal as a payment gateway which saves lots of expense having secure servers and data protection compliance. You do not need a paypal account and should have seen this page:

From there you can choose to pay by card or log into paypal, however I am not sure what the page would look like if you are already logged in - but the option should still be there to pay by credit or debit card.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:19 pm

That is the page I was expecting to see, as that is the option I use when buying good from ebay, but the only options I could get were "sign in to your paypay account" or "sign up for a paypal account" to continue.

Thank you for your help by the way.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Not sure why that happened - certainly should not have done - sorry.

Anyway...welcome to the Rover 800 owners Club :)

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 am

Another week has gone by and I still haven't heard anything beyond the replies on this thread.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 am

Hi Tom, Not sure why you have not recieved any emails - everyone elses seems to be getting through. Drop me a PM with the email address you used to sign up with and I will pass that onto the membership secretary - Darren

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:59 am

Thank you for your help. A PM is on its way.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:41 pm

All sorted now. Thanks for the help.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm

any chance of an insight into the contents of the membership pack Tom as there is nothing indicated on the website as to the contents or advantages of joining norr dis-advantages of not joining. I sent an email requesting information the day the site was launched along with my intention to join but as yet I have received a big fat nothing.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:50 pm

I've not received a pack yet. I have been told by email from the treasurer that the membership packs are being sent out shortly. I decided to take a chance on membership to support the new club. Bearing in mind the commitee has only been formed a couple of months, I guess you have to expect things to be a bit shakey at the start.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi Stevee and Tom.

Glad you got the membership issues sorted Tom.

It took a bit longer to organise the packs than expected, primarily because those involved were busy with the NEC event, but also a change in membership secretary has had a slight impact. The good news is the packs are ready and I belive posted today so should be with us all very soon now. As for the owners club itself its small beginnings; hence the very modest joining fee of £16.00 compared to, for example the excellent TSSC at £47 per year (although the average club price seems to be around £25) and most clubs specify it takes up to 28 days to process a membership, so in view of the above problem it might be a good idea for our club to mention that on the website. The main drive over the next year is definately going to be promotion of our cars at events - something all of the Owners Club members will be encouraged to take part in. Not all will be restrictive like the NEC and I am looking forward to taking the Coupe to as many shows as possible. The Club has also been looking at getting some harder to find parts remanufactured (for example the fuel filler pipes) and as part of the membership pack you will get a phone number to call so you can discuss parts requirements and to help track down parts. There will also be a news letter, but as yet its not been decided wether this will be in print or via download/email. Insurance is another priority and discussions are open with a few companies."

vectrolosys

Post by vectrolosys » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks for getting in touch. I have been dealing with the Membership registrations, payments and putting the membership packs together.

Our first batch has just been completed, this evening, and shall be sent out to all new members over the next few days.

Although the club was formed back in October, we officially started taking payments over the NEC Classic Car show weekend, a few weeks back. It has been a frantic and rather exciting time bringing things together, and working around my standard 9-5 (or 8-8, depending on how a specific install is going, or not) job, things have been progressing steadily.

We hope that the club shall compliment the forum and facebook groups, and help promote the Rover 800 series at more shows, throughout the year, shows I hope to bring my very early Sterling 2.7, to.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, my personal email address is james.copp-taylor@rover800.org.uk , feel free to drop me a line with any queries, comments or suggestions.

Thanks again everyone, for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Best Wishes,

James