Honda Acura Legend forum recommendations

Anything to do with cars (non technical)

Moderators: guru, SJG

midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Honda Acura Legend forum recommendations

Post by midnite » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4892&p=53862&hilit ... ace#p53862

it was a long shot, ant made a couple ages ago, i pmd him and he had one left, the main bar bolts to the strut mount ends, a few people said being bolted it may just twist left to right under pressure, but i will probably get it welded to make it more rigid, but ant's workmanship is very good i think, as it fits really well.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alucard7002 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:40 pm

I would personally avoid polybushes on anything other than a dedicated track slag.

Bonded polybushes designed to work as per OEM have a flaky history...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1lijSat7Xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZYTKINfZs
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53632

"Two piece" are really race only.

They need re lubricating very often.
They wear quicker than you think with grit getting into the bearing surfaces.
You'll need to completely re-tune the spring and damper rates to allow for the fact there is no resistance whatsoever from the bushes. (Think like a rose jointed setup)

NEW OEM is the way forwards IMHO.
Bonding your own bushes in place as Dave (Scooby) suggested a while back COULD work but will require much in the way of R&D.
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm

midnite wrote:viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4892&p=53862&hilit ... ace#p53862

it was a long shot, ant made a couple ages ago, i pmd him and he had one left, the main bar bolts to the strut mount ends, a few people said being bolted it may just twist left to right under pressure, but i will probably get it welded to make it more rigid, but ant's workmanship is very good i think, as it fits really well.
That looks nicely made and I doubt it will do any harm, as it is so tall from the turret it might be worth another small brace from the ends of the horizontal brace to the domed part of the turret, that would surely prevent any small transverse movement.

820Vitesse
Regular Visitor

Post by 820Vitesse » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:05 pm

Alucard7002 wrote:I would personally avoid polybushes on anything other than a dedicated track slag.

Bonded polybushes designed to work as per OEM have a flaky history...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1lijSat7Xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJZYTKINfZs
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53632

"Two piece" are really race only.

They need re lubricating very often.
They wear quicker than you think with grit getting into the bearing surfaces.
You'll need to completely re-tune the spring and damper rates to allow for the fact there is no resistance whatsoever from the bushes. (Think like a rose jointed setup)

NEW OEM is the way forwards IMHO.
Bonding your own bushes in place as Dave (Scooby) suggested a while back COULD work but will require much in the way of R&D.
You might have a good point there as the new genuine lower arm inner bush that turned up today is compact and very stiff, any polly replacement would be very narrow and likely to make little difference, but... the outer lower arm bush appears to be no longer available in any form genuine or pattern.
The trailing arm bushes are larger and all rubber, these I think would benefit handling if replaced, one of these is listed on Rimmer bros as NLA also. It might be the case we have to go the polly route in the future.

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:36 pm

jim, dusan or dave checkout the suspension section, I've posted a link to a part i need someone to clarify if it will fit.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:15 pm

Matt - can you link to your post please? Had a look but must have missed it?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!