Special poster/print of Rover Vitesse in competition

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gijs52
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Special poster/print of Rover Vitesse in competition

Post by Gijs52 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:12 pm

For Sale:
Limited edition Poster / special print (no. 195 / 325) by Michel Poort of 3 Rover Vitesse's in the European Touring Car Championship 1986. They are in Bastos Tom Walkinshaw Racing colors. The print is signed by the artist and by Win (Winston) Percy.
If all went well you can find an immage here: http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... tesse2.jpg

Michel Poort is a rather famous Dutch artist who in the 80’s focused on all kinds of sports and who is still active.
Win Percy is a famous personality in Touring Car racing, who had many successes in the 80’s and 90’s.
Last edited by Gijs52 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Special poster/print of Rover Vitesse in competition

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello Gijs

I am unsure what you are seeking by posting on this site. Are you trying to sell this artwork?

The cars in the picture are Rover SD1 cars, not 800s.

The artwork looks both unfinished and very amateur. The car that is at the rear has some detailing that is actually larger than that of the leading car - some iffy perspective here possibly due to the relaxed Dutch drug laws. :wink:
No longer an 800 owner!

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 pm

I was going to say the same as Brad, the picture is rubbish. I drew better cars (and other things) when I was 12.

I think the artist should be renamed Poor.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Gijs52

Post by Gijs52 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:Hello Gijs

I am unsure what you are seeking by posting on this site. Are you trying to sell this artwork?

The cars in the picture are Rover SD1 cars, not 800s.

The artwork looks both unfinished and very amateur. The car that is at the rear has some detailing that is actually larger than that of the leading car - some iffy perspective here possibly due to the relaxed Dutch drug laws. :wink:

Thanks Very Tall Brad.
Agree, my text was not very clear and yes I do want to sell it. Thanks for the tip that these are SD1's!! Posting it on a Rover 800 forum might not be appropriate....

It's an artist's impression that was made for the Rover importer in the Netherlands and artists do show things diffidently than pictures.
Some do like that, and seeing the reactions here, some don't. That might be a matter of taste (:

Oh and by the way, although our behavior might suggest diffidently, not all of us are addicted to weed.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I didn't intend to offend.

All of the Dutch people who I have met in my lifetime have been very courteous and weed free. All the Germans (with the exception of one) have also had a great sense of humour.

None of these facts makes the picture by M Poort any better than child standard. Good luck selling.
No longer an 800 owner!

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Brad name and shame the German without a sense of humour.........................was it that guy who sold Rover when he took over from Bernhard Piediestridererererer after the BMW Boardroom bloodbath :lol:

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 pm

No. It was a woman that I once knew, from the former East Germany. She taught me Queen's English and spoke it better than anyone I knew.

She would laugh at a plane crash on the News and then sit there, arms folded and straight faced watching Benny Hill. She had other skills, though, which didn't rely on a sense of humour as it was always pitch dark when...
No longer an 800 owner!

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:No. It was a woman that I once knew, from the former East Germany. She taught me Queen's English and spoke it better than anyone I knew.

She would laugh at a plane crash on the News and then sit there, arms folded and straight faced watching Benny Hill. She had other skills, though, which didn't rely on a sense of humour as it was always pitch dark when...

I salute you Sir............................the things we do for England :oops:
Once knew a Russian girl who could crack walnuts between her knees...mind she could also take bottle tops off with her teeth! Strangely, last I heard she was still single :lol:

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 pm

dollysprint wrote:
Very Tall Brad wrote:No. It was a woman that I once knew, from the former East Germany. She taught me Queen's English and spoke it better than anyone I knew.

I salute you Sir............................the things we do for England :oops:
Once knew a Russian girl who could crack walnuts between her knees...mind she could also take bottle tops off with her teeth! Strangely, last I heard she was still single :lol:

Dave
How funny.

I didn't do anything "for England" - I did it all for me back in 1980 something. And frighten myself stupid at what we got up to.

I had one lovely girlfriend from Middlesex who was over 6 foot tall and very witty. She came to my 19th or 20th birthday party and slept in my bath. She didn't trust me one jot. Then, the next morning, I found her and my flat mate hard at it on the floor in his room. I mention this on this car forum merely to introduce the fact that he was a hairdresser and drove a Ford Capri 1600 XL in gold. It was the car that did it for both of them I am sure as he has lived with a man for the last 20 years.
No longer an 800 owner!

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Capris were sexy back then, thanks to The Professionals.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT