Calendar of Events 2014.

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Moss
Site Owner

Calendar of Events 2014.

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:36 am

Please post details of upcoming events in this thread and I (or other mods/admins) will collate all the data into the first post. Please don't use this for chat or for pictures - we'd like to keep this as a one page/one post thread to act as a calendar. Thanks.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

urbanviking
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Calendar of Events 2014.

Post by urbanviking » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 am

RSR Icebreaker at Whitewebbs Museum Of Transport, Enfield. 23rd february 2014

More details herehttp://www.thersr.co.uk/events

real variety of Rovers from P2's all the way upto 75's and ZT'S. Very nice museum situated in an old pumping station.
72 Rover 2000SC
91 Rover 827 Vitesse Auto
Too many motorcycles
www.digitaldisarray.co.uk

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rovercoup » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Little Gransden Air & Car show is on again this year Sunday 24th August I have spoken with the organisers of this event and they would be happy for us to attend as a club and give us club stand area. Provisionally for 6-12 cars and cost would be £10 per car which isn't bad as you get an air show as well. I would be happy to co-ordinate this one but will need to know numbers a little bit later on in the year. Please PM me if interested.

http://www.littlegransdenshow.co.uk/vehicles.php
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:33 pm

My calender of events I'll be attending with links :

POL 2014 (LONGBRIDGE, BIRMINGHAM) - 12/4/14

http://www.austinlongbridgefederation.co.uk/

ALL SCOTTISH ROVER RALLY [SARR] (EDINBURGH) - 24-25/5/14

http://www.sarr.co.uk/

LINCOLN CASTLE (LINCOLN) - 8/6/14

http://www.lvvs.org.uk/castle2014adv.htm

RSR NATIONAL RALLY (IPSWICH) - 28-29/6/14

http://www.thersr.co.uk/events/nationalrally2014

EAST KIRKBY AVIATION CENTRE ANNUAL RALLY (LINCOLNSHIRE) - 13/7/14

http://www.midlincsroverclub.co.uk/rally.htm

BMC DAY (PETERBOROUGH) - 3/8/14

http://www.bmcblrally.co.uk/2.html

SALTAIRE FESTIVAL ROVER CAR RALLY (SALTAIRE, BRADFORD) - 14/9/14

http://www.yorkshireroverclub.co.uk/

NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2014 - TBA

Now I don't expect much interest or attendance as per last year as most members are more concerned with how much the entry fee is or how much it will cost in petrol to get there, much in keeping with the overall derision and reputation of the Marque as a cheap £300 runaround/scrapyard model............ BUT the information is there, and it would be nice to see some interest and possible attendance and pride in 'the flagship'.

Any queries or pointing towards entry forms etc, just post or PM, there will be another one hopefully at Hull which Kate attended last year which I'll update when info becomes available.

:D
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

urbanviking
Regular Visitor

Post by urbanviking » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Following on from Gary's post re entry fees and attendance it occurs to me that we need some sort of "club" liaison officer or Rep to contact show organisers to get us the same deal on tickets that other clubs do. By that I mean free :) obviously it would need to be explained to the organisers that we are a unique organisation in that we are a completely online entity without the trappings of other clubs (a situation I personally think is the best way to keep it too) and highlight the fact that we are dedicated to the preservation of a fast disappearing classic and not just a cheapo scrapyard car.As a former SD1 owner I can tell you that it wasn't that long ago that a VGC Vitesse was fetching 1500 quid at best, I think we find ourselves in a similar situation with values and low numbers of examples still on the road and we are no "less value" than any other owners club despite our unique position of having no annual fees and a quarterly newsletter which ends up being used as a coaster, in fact I think this gives us an advantage in attracting new owners to the forum and fb page and one really good way of doing this is a presence at shows where we can get people involved with what we like. Let's be honest we have some cracking and unique cars ranging under our banner so I think if we could get liaising with organisers and get ourselves out there we could build on what we have and have a very enjoyable time meeting up with eachother in the process.
72 Rover 2000SC
Too many motorcycles

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Well I suspect do the most shows so am happy to volunteer to liaise, this could be worth pursuing but again depends on interest and likely turnout.

Another potential stumbling block is Kate has all the show regalia but her job often precludes her from attending or sometimes even being contactable as with the NEC last November, probably the most premier showcase event where we needed the banners, flags and regalia and ended up with a pretty barren stand saved only by Alex's brave and welcome efforts with the display PC's.

It's good to have the dialogue though.

urbanviking
Regular Visitor

Post by urbanviking » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:49 pm

Saying about the regalia etc, what would be the viability of having an online slideshow which could be logged onto from a members pc and projected onto a white background when at shows? I'm thinking of a plan B when the regalia isn't accessible here really. Maybe a section on this forum even?
72 Rover 2000SC
Too many motorcycles

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 pm

That's a terrific idea assuming we've got power at the venue, a lot of these events are in the middle of a field, but like the concept

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:03 pm

BMC stand booked 3rd August 2014.

http://www.bmcblrally.co.uk/2.html

See BMC headed thread for more info.
Volunteers needed.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 pm

urbanviking wrote:Saying about the regalia etc, what would be the viability of having an online slideshow which could be logged onto from a members pc and projected onto a white background when at shows? I'm thinking of a plan B when the regalia isn't accessible here really. Maybe a section on this forum even?
What sort of power does a projector take?
vito wrote:That's a terrific idea assuming we've got power at the venue, a lot of these events are in the middle of a field, but like the concept
I have an inverter that might just be able to do it.

It would need to run a laptop and the projector so i'll need to check how much in can poke out.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!