2003 Jaguar S-Type for sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TheOldMan
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2003 Jaguar S-Type for sale

Post by TheOldMan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:35 pm

2003 Jaguar S-Type
3 litre Manual
Carnival Red
Pewter/Granite Cloth Interior
7x16 Classic alloys
Cruise Control and Steering Wheel Radio Controls
Heated Front Seats
MoT to 5 July 2015
Tax to 31 August 2014
104'000 miles
Date of Manufacture - 23 February 2001
Date of First Registration - 9 January 2003
VIN SAJAD02L11FM13657

Yes really - it sat around somewhere for nearly 2 years before being registered!

Note - Private Plate NOT included. Car will be sold with its original BT52 NVZ registration.

Ours since 26 July 2006

Presents very nicely with swirl free paintwork and unmarked alloys.

Clean interior, boot and engine bay. Maintained as you would expect of us.

Serviced twice annually - Jaguar standard 'fluids, filters and checks' service every winter at 7000 to 8000 mile intervals and summer pre-MoT checks and under body steam clean.

Additionally 100'000 mile Service Items completed:
• Replace all 6 coils with later Black Label design.
• Replace plugs with correct long-life type.
• Replace IMT Valve O-rings.
• Replace Inlet Manifold Gaskets.
• Replace Drive Belts.
• Change gearbox and final drive oils.
• Replace Disks at c. 80'000 miles

Non-Routine Service Items:
• Replace Top Hose Assembly
• Replace Power Steering Pump and Hoses
• Replace DCCV
• Replace Front Anti Roll Bar Drop Links

Matched set of Avon tyres, 3-5mm of tread.

Fitted Tow bar and 13 pin Socket - lighting only. Only used for a light utility trailer (Erde 142) for garden refuse to tip runs and the like.

Known faults :
AirCon does not work. Fault is the usual pinhole leak in the piping under the clip on the inner wing - a known design issue. It has been like this since we first got the car. I could probably have it recharged just before collection and it might work for a few days, but that isn't my style.
• Dent and scratches right rear quarter - I managed to reverse into a low wall.
• Dent front passenger door - I have no idea how this neat circular dent happened. The slight damage to the black plastic trim around the mirror was caused by a crow attacking his reflection.
• Gear knob - I tried to clean this many years ago and succeeded in damaging the leather.
• A pillar trim delamination - a known design issue.
• Once you start looking closely enough you will find a collection of stone chips typical for the car's age and mileage and a few trolley scars.

All the above are reflected in the asking price.

MoT history can be found online at:
http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/j ... equest.jsp
Vehicle registration mark from number plate: RCO 51C
MOT test number from -VT20 test certificate: 346167254130

£1250

NB Car is with No2 Son in Royal Sutton Coldfield

which of these liks works???

https://plus.google.com/photos/11703421 ... banner=pwa

https://plus.google.com/photos/11703421 ... 8bf8yenqIA
Dusan's Dad - it's MY Rover son!
And it's my 40 too, or what's left of it.

dme123
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 2003 Jaguar S-Type for sale

Post by dme123 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:38 pm

That's very unusual, a 2003 car but it's the pre-facelift model - must be one of the last registered.

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:40 am

dme123 wrote:That's very unusual, a 2003 car but it's the pre-facelift model - must be one of the last registered.
Date of Manufacture - 23 February 2001
Date of First Registration - 9 January 2003
VIN SAJAD02L11FM13657

Yes really - it sat around somewhere for nearly 2 years before being registered!"

Seems it sat around in some dusty forgotten corner of JLR until someone was having a clearout. It's not even close to the end of the pre facelift production run.

That's why I wanted to show both manufacturing and registration dates and quoted the VIN - I didn't want a potential (uninformed) buyer thinking it was a facelift model.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:26 am

It must be of very similar vintage to mine. Yours looks better than mine, though
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 am

A lot of car for the money much like the x types, surprised at no leather though, was it a no cost option perhaps ? ................
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I was going to say that about the cloth seats as well.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

TheOldMan
Regular Visitor

Post by TheOldMan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:45 pm

vito wrote:A lot of car for the money much like the x types, surprised at no leather though, was it a no cost option perhaps ? ................
No - initially cloth was the entry level poverty spec model, but nearly everyone opted to upgrade to leather.
Previously XJ40s had cloth at entry level as well, but I think the X300 XJ6 was leather only.

Don't know about facelift S Types or X types.

My first S-Type in 1999 was a company car and I requested cloth as I don't actually like leather, but added sunroof, cruise and mutlifunction steering wheel instead .
It was a 3 litre
It was manual
It was Carnival Red
It was EXACTLY the same as this one apart from having a sunshine roof.

So I've been driving essentially the same car for 15 years and I'm BORED with it!!

They are a lot of car for the money second hand - if there aren't underlying hidden or pending faults.

X-types of this age usually have rotten sills (hidden by the plastic sill covers) which only become apparent when the rot extends into the wheel arch. By this time the are beyond economical repair, hence lots of mechanically sound and shiny X-Types in auctions and being punted around the bomb-site dealers on eBay before heading off to the scrap yard!

pre_pace
Regular Visitor

Post by pre_pace » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:43 pm

What a nice looking 'S' type and with no worries about the Automatic box failing as they have a habit to do at around the 100k miles mark. X300 XJ6 did come with a half cloth interior on the lower spec cars, but by the time the face lifted X308's came about, it was leather or..........leather. Good luck with the sale.
David.

1990 R8 Rover 416 GSi
1998 R8 Rover 416 SE Tourer