ROVER 800 'CLUB' / JRC POLL - ALL HAVE INPUT PLEASE

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Poll ended at Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:32 am

Would you support a forum 'Club' formation with compulsory fee membership.
11%
Would you support a forum 'Club' formation with optional fee membership providing a member area for paying members.
30%
Would you volunteer to be a supporting committee / co-ordinating 'official' role in a fee based 'Club'
16%
Would you support being part of JRC to promote the 800 brand alongside other Rover models 25/200/400/600/75
32%
Would you volunteer to be a supporting/co-ordinating role for the forum with the JRC project.
11%

Total votes: 44

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vito » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:32 am

There are five individual votes.

A tick is Yes, leave blank for No,

With enough input, should give us an idea of general sentiment, votes can't be changed once submitted.

This is to promote the 800 ultimately, something one would assume is something most on the forum want for our brand.

Hopefully this will give a definitive answer to the never ending debate.

JRC project which will give us equal (and free) standing and promotion alongside SD1/25/200/400/600 and 75

Take a look at the following link to see if YOU think we should be represented on there.

http://www.jointroverclubs.org.uk/

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ROVER 800 'CLUB' / JRC POLL - ALL HAVE INPUT PLEASE

Post by SJG » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am

I have removed all posts from this thread, I apologise but the votes have gone to, so let us start again.

Paul has been removed from the forum, could I remind everyone that provocation and bad language (even with le#@ers changed or not in the correct odrer) is not acceptable and will be dealt with.

Thank you
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

jago
Rover Guru

Post by jago » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Having been on a couple of forums, I see most use the free with a member section style, I am also happy to support joint meets etc.. as then it gives us more choice and verity.
Currently: 1995 mk2 sterling
missed but not forgotten: 1988 Rover 827 Si (13.835 @ 101.3mph)
Currently: 2003 Toyota celica Tsport VVTLI
previously:
more than a few cars

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:42 am

Thank you Simon.

Sorry I have not been around the last few weeks - due to my daughters wedding, holidays and such. Anyway I have voted. At the moment circumstances do not allow me to offer myself as a co-ordinator or such like, but if that changes I would definately consider it. Although I am not so interested in the social 'benefits' I do feel very strongly that our cars need to be represented more at shows. I would have no problem paying a membership fee if the money was spent on the promotion (through show representation) and running of our cars.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:24 am

although not having a rover at this time ( sold my 827 and 600 ) the 800 is a nice car and is disapering from the car scene witch is a shame. :(
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:47 am

In short, I'd have very little personal use for a club (my car isn't shiny enough for shows and I'm not fussed about magazines etc) but I'd certainly have no objection to the creation of one. It can only enhance the reputation of the 800 and we'd all benefit from that.

The JRC link-up would be an excellent idea, but my 8 month old son kind of prevents any coordination role for me!

Thanks to all for the perseverance in even getting it to this point.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Adrian- it does not matter about the condition of your car, Rosalind and I have owned classic cars since the 80s and most of them have been our everyday cars. you just spend a few hours making it look as good as possible during the week leading up to the show and take it along as is. People like to see cars that are used and loved, Concourse cars are all very well, but most classic car people going to shows prefer an everyday vehicle rather than those brought along on a trailer (nothing wrong with that I hasten to add).

As an example, Rosalinds mini's are not in great condition, but Tcut colour match polish, touch up paint and brasso and they transformed for shows. The red one has rotten door bottoms and both are hand painted underneath; sills, inner wheelarches etc. The white mini realy needs a new front end - But at shows both get alot of attention simply because she knows how to dress them up.

Regarding magazines - they are a waist of club money in my oppinion - the postage costs are too high. The Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club still do a magazine, but I wish they would produce it in a PDF file instead and use the money for something better.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm very much keen to see the formation of a club, and despite being absent from these sacred boards for quite some time, as I've said to a number of people on here, would happily help out in setting anything up or running, even if it's just doing the organising for a few events such as the NEC.

Last year at the NEC we did get the odd "oh well we're a proper club" comments so it will help the 800's standing in the classic car world, particularly with the 30th anniversary next year.

The JRC project I wholeheartedly support. An excellent idea.

My twopenneth - yes to a forum based club, yes to a free area for certain topics, yes to helping out and yes to the JRC.

Alex.
One or two 800s...