Hello :)

New to the forum? Tell us a bit about yourself here :)

Moderators: guru, SJG

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor
Location: Galliae Cisalpinae, oram fluminis septentrionalem Rubiconem.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hello :)

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:02 am

In Italy official shops of spares Rover close several years ago but was also very expensive, for example a water pump for 825 SD 300 euro in shop, last pump buyed trough internet about 30 euro plus shipping, now I find spares with ebay and Rimming Bros http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID004769 here synchronizer for my gearbox for example
Flash

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:06 am

scoobyh123 wrote:At least he won't have a problem finding engine spares Tom! :wink: :lol:

FlashGordon wrote:Thank You Guys, yes Gordon's Alive, Im from Rimini, same region of where VM engine is product Image Image

Like the idea of cameras front and rear with the screen built into the sun visor! Don't know if you can get these in Italy but we can get rear-view mirrors that change to monitor screens when the camera is active :

http://www.in-car-stuff.com/shop/clip-o ... p-259.html

Same people do another version that can show 4 cameras at the same time but it's expensive.
I buy cameras and monitor with ebay from china, must wait one month for shipping but super chiper
Flash

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:46 am

Welcome!

That is an impressive millage :). Well done.
My 800 has only done 1/7th of your car ;).

Great colour you have by the way!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:04 am

Yes, millage for go on the moon and back ;)

Colour is not original Rover, black metalized from Alfa Romeo, special transparent with ultra slow catalyzer for have ultra lucid
Flash

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Seems there are 2 different water pumps fitted on yours, a 71mm impeller and a 76mm impeller. Not sure how these compare on price but pretty cheap here as water pumps go :

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... 67c&000366
76mm

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... f7b&000366
71mm

I'm not too well up on the diesel versions but i know on the petrol engined cars a lot of parts can be sourced from other cars, for example the Lambda/oxygen sensor on the 827 is the same as many Vauxhall/Opel, Daewoo, Suzuki Swift and many other models. I do know the VM engine also went into the Alfa 156 and Jeep Cherokee as well.
Don't know if those water pumps would work out any cheaper for you with the exchange rate and shipping to Italy but may be useful to know you can get parts from other places too.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:At least he won't have a problem finding engine spares Tom! :wink: :lol:
It's a VM. He'll never need any spares for the engine. As for the gearbox, bodywork, interior trim, electrics, etc....
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:46 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:Seems there are 2 different water pumps fitted on yours, a 71mm impeller and a 76mm impeller. Not sure how these compare on price but pretty cheap here as water pumps go :

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... 67c&000366
76mm

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Rover ... f7b&000366
71mm

I'm not too well up on the diesel versions but i know on the petrol engined cars a lot of parts can be sourced from other cars, for example the Lambda/oxygen sensor on the 827 is the same as many Vauxhall/Opel, Daewoo, Suzuki Swift and many other models. I do know the VM engine also went into the Alfa 156 and Jeep Cherokee as well.
Don't know if those water pumps would work out any cheaper for you with the exchange rate and shipping to Italy but may be useful to know you can get parts from other places too.
Yes, it fit 71mm or 76mm without problems, of course with 71mm flow of water is less, good for cold lands, not for Italy.
My VM engine is from 1992, first with EGR and transmission by gear, no chain, from 1994 VM begin use chain and after 100.000 Km tensioner of chain fail and then destroy engine..... my engine with gears is not possible destroy.... Alfa 156 and 164 too used VM, when i need gasket for cilinders i go buy to Alfa garage ;-)
A lot of car brands used that 2,5 VM engine, london taxy too ;-) , spares is good from jeep too if need, till now 700.000 Km never open engine, just water pump 3 time and one time gasket up of 4 separated hands, will need rebuild gearbox next time when i found time.

Engine is a bit increased with CV, more pressure in Turbine and injectors pump rebuilt, response of injectors pump is more fast with poor pressure in turbo too, match with Jaguar 2000 petrol, my 825 diesel win, about 210 220 Km for hour on the road
Flash

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Errata corrige that link 76mm is for MK2 and 71mmm for MK1 in this case, even for VM
Flash

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor

Post by FlashGordon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:39 pm

traineefarmer wrote:
It's a VM. He'll never need any spares for the engine. As for the gearbox, bodywork, interior trim, electrics, etc....
Electric plant in my 800 is more bad of Greek tragedyl, lot of original plant bypassed and build new with new things

https://www.facebook.com/marco.brunacci ... 296940221/ https://www.facebook.com/marco.brunacci ... 296940221/
Flash

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:03 pm

Welcome Gordon, 700,000km :shock: :shock: that's got to be a record for any Rover 800. Cars in UK have usually dissolved before they get anywhere near that. :roll:
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:34 am

Excellent work! My first 800 was a Mk2 diesel which, when I collected it had over 330k miles on the clock - that's over 530000 km, so still a way short of yours.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor

Post by FlashGordon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:17 am

Thank you, my friends make betting about how many time my old car will survive again lol
Flash