Rover 800 For Sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 800 For Sale

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi Folks, I'm having to sell my beloved 1999 Rover 800 automatic, it's served me very well, and never really let me down, not unless I've let it down, mainly allowing the battery to go flat when I've been in Hospital.
The car is a 1999 5 door hatch, with great upholstery and carpets, there's only 82,000 miles on the clock, and the only reason I'm selling is because the car does need some TLC, which because of my health problems, I'm unable to give it, the MOT is due end October 2017, car has averaged 4,000 miles between MOT's in the last few years due to my health problems, the tax is DLA so will be removed, I'm giving a Sony 10 disc CD Multi-changer (not fitted) with the car, there is a set of front Fog Lights to be fitted as one (O/S) got broken due to road chips being newly laid
Tel: 01387 711412
Last edited by Barnacle-Bill on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Rover 800 For Sale

Post by scoobyh123 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 am

Crikey Fred, that's sad news! If you were a bit closer i'd bite your hand off at that price though except for one thing, basically i'm in the same boat as you are.
I've struggled to get my coupé up to a reasonable standard over the past few years, still got a few bits to do on my Sterling and after sorting a bit of neglect/bodging on the Volvo that is thankfully there as well.
As ever there are always little things to do that i can just about cope with now, it would break my heart to have to sell any of them though so i know how you feel. I'm lucky in as much as i have help not far away to do most things.

I can see why you are selling but it's still sad. Good luck with the sale, i hope that it goes to someone who will appreciate it! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

midnite
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by midnite » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:07 pm

christ, 10 mths mot n all, cheap car, good luck, you won't need it though.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:35 pm

I did forget to add the usual bit and pieces to the notice, like :- All Round Electric Windows, Rear Wash/Wipe, Remote Alarm/Immobiliser & Spare Key, Central locking, Radio Cassette

Forgot to mention, while I was in hospital, the car was sitting on the disabled bay, I'd went for a check up and got admitted, and some dirty "so and so" did a hit and run on the rear bumper, but, get this, they hit and broke the bumper, got out, picked up all the damaged bits that had fallen off, and drove off, I only found out because the wife went to put my wheelchair in the boot after I was discharged, and she saw the damage, I have replaced the bumper, same colour, but it needs just that bit TLC to bring it up to standard, thought I'd better be honest

The reason for the cheap sale price is, I want to be fair to who ever buys the car, it's basically to give them money to put back into the car, as I've said, it does need some TLC which, after the long spells I've had in hospital, I'm just not in any fit state to do anything about, and, I'd much rather sell cheap, and hopefully someone to do the required TLC work, than have me watch the car rot away
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 pm

Sorry to hear of the bump Bill. You have put up a good honest description of your car but probably to find a buyer quickly an upload of current photos will help.

When pointing anyone to your car or the site where they can find it, most will want to see what they are potentially getting for their money so any pictures viewed could be the clincher. Hope your on the mend from your hospital visit.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Good Idea about the photo's coup, only problem I've got, I don't know how to upload pictures, I was going to edit the post above, but here I am asking how to, any help appreciated
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

austinpowers
Regular Visitor

Post by austinpowers » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Barnacle-Bill wrote:Good Idea about the photo's coup, only problem I've got, I don't know how to upload pictures, I was going to edit the post above, but here I am asking how to, any help appreciated

You can open a photobucket account for free and upload photos to that, then copy the appropriate link/s to this thread.
1989 Rover Sterling in Atlantic blue 35k miles. - Sold
2017 "special" edition in white
1990 Rover Vitesse manual - Sold
1990 Rover Sterling - Sold

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Is your Rover still for sale Fred?
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Sorry for the late reply to your question tonewheeldude, but I've been down with pleurisy and other health problems over Christmas and New Year, and I'm only now getting better, but in answer to your question, the car is still here, although someone who's out of the country has asked me to hold on to it for them till the 12th Jan
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 pm

The person who said they wanted me to keep the car for them have not got back in touch, so, the Rover 800 is still for sale, it does have one electric key to open locks and disarm the alarm and immobiliser, and one key spare ignition, electric windows, rear wash/wipe, a/c, radio/cassette, new radiator fitted last year, beige valour interior with green piping, green carpets in very good condition, front windows have wind deflectors fitted, mileage is genuine, all MOT certs for last 8 years, I also have the door code for emergency access to disable the immobiliser

This is a genuine car that is being sold for an honest reason, I don't want to sell such a good car, but because of my poor health, it's too good a car to just sit and go to wreck and ruin sitting, when someone who will I know really like this car, and will be able to spend the time on it, that it deserves, it needs someone who can give it the TLC is deserves, something I'm just not fit and well enough to do

P.S, just as a matter of interest, the car owner is a non smoker

P.S, I uploaded photo's of the car to photobucket, but I don't know how to get the photos on to this thread, any help will be appreciated
Last edited by Barnacle-Bill on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:36 pm

If you go to photobucket Fred and look on the screen for something that says "Share" then click it, share the album and copy & paste the link it gives you onto a post here that should do it - i'm sure one of us will do the rest for you! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Barnacle-Bill
Regular Visitor

Post by Barnacle-Bill » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Fred
Rover 800i Fastback

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't think I've seen a cleaner beige interior on a 800 except in a brochure. .... Looks lovely Fred and way too cheap IMO
Hopefully you will get a sale soon.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:11 pm

If it wasn't for the fact it's a 6 hour drive each way (plus rest stops) and i'm in a similar position to Fred in terms of health stopping play i would have snapped his hand off for this car when he first put it up for sale.
I'm still tempted but it would probably be unfair to do it in many ways. :(
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Fastback
Rover Guru

Post by Fastback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

A friend of mine was interested, particularly as we are 'up north', but the we both got a shock when the insurance was going to be over £4000! :shock: :cry: . I dare say fewer young men have been involved in an RTC in a Rover 800 than a poxy Citroen Saxo or Fester in the last few years, so much for risk assesment.

He's currently trying to find a way round it but sadly I'm now not optomistic for him.
Mark
'99 Sterling KV6 Fastback :D
'96 Vitesse Lux Fastback, rolling resto :?
'96 825 SLi Fastback, just waiting. :|
Previous:- 'J' 820Si Fastback, part Tickford
MG Maestro 2.0i (I loved that car, I did)