Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer Diesel Auto For Sale

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer Diesel Auto For Sale

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:59 pm

I know it is the wrong forum, but if anyone on here is interested, we are selling our 2002 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer Diesel Automatic. We have owned the car since May 2013.

We are selling due to a change in circumstances, I have been promoted at work and it includes a car. I appreciate it is not the best time to sell a car!

We bought the car from a 75 forum user, here is the original thread (not sure if the link will work):

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=144674

The car has had 3 former keepers. The main point of note is that the previous owner had the main ECU replaced, although I do not think it was due to water damage.

The car has covered 162000 miles.

The MOT is until March 17th 2017

The car has had the bonnet, plenum spyhole and Jules' plenum guard modification applied, all problem areas on the 75.

Since we bought the car a large number of jobs have been carried out, here is the list:

New radiator

New exhaust - from Cat back

New rear shock absorbers

New uprated rear springs (for towing)

A spring at the front broke about a year ago and so I replaced both springs, shock absorbers, and top bearings. When this happened it broke the FOS brake pipe so this has been replaced also.

The front lower ball joints, lower arms and anti roll drop links have been replaced too.

It has had a new battery in the last 18 months.

The crank pulley has been replaced.

The most recent work (August 2016) was to replace the discs and pads and to sort out the handbrake. The front brake dust covers were also replaced at the same time. The inner CV boots were also replaced and a brake line was replaced to the rear of the car.

All tyres have been replaced fairly recently, rears were replaced in July 2016.

The in-tank fuel pump was replaced with a complete new unit in November 2015.

The car had a Kenlowe replacement fan fitted, but this failed and I bought and fitted a Revotec (with Gold Resistor) unit from Jules, this was in July 2015.

The car is fitted with a RadioGuy system and I recently upgraded to the latest maps and operating system, this was after the SD card failed. Unfortunately the steering wheel controls do not work, and the (as the former seller noted) drivers seat still moves fore and aft in short bursts, then you have to release and activate again.

The rear screen is perfect - no elements on the heated rear window are damaged.

The front screen was replaced about a year ago, but has sustained a small chip, frustrating as it happened a few weeks after the screen was changed.

The information pack has no grainy lines.

The Aircon works and so does the cruise control.

The rear parking sensors work, I changed the loom not long after we bought the car.

There is a scratch on the NSR bumper, where we had an argument with a post.

A small section on the NSR lower sill required a patch for the last MOT, it is hardly visible.

I have serviced the car myself when required, changing the oil, oil filter, air filter and the fuel filter each time.

At the last service I changed the PCV crankcase filter.

I reset the service interval counter each time.

As you can see there is a towbar with single electrics, this is a Witter detachable type, we had this fitted soon after buying the car. Our van weighs under 1100kgs fully laden, so it has not been pulling at the cars limit of 1600kgs. The gearbox oil has been changed twice since we have owned the car.

The car has a full sized steel spare wheel.

Last Monday - in all the torrential rain the battery light came on and (sadly for me) the alternator needs replacing. I have ordered a new one and will fit it once it arrives, so it will also have a new alternator! I would rather this is fitted to ensure everything is okay with the car before it goes. The alternator has now been replaced.

If you have any questions please contact me via private message. The car is located in the Midlands.

I would like £1100 for the car.

Thank you for reading.

Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Tourer Diesel Auto For Sale

Post by rovercoup » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Looks absolutely stunning Simon and a credit to your work on it since owning the car. Hopefully you will achieve your asking price and a quick sale. Good luck with the selling.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks Steve, I have just made a note to get a postage price on the part we discussed last week.
Simon

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:43 pm

The 75 has sold now.
Simon

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Just in time for Christmas spend eh Simon. Glad to see you've had a sale on the car and hope you got your asking price or very near too.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks Steve, really pleased as we got the price we wanted.
Simon