Brad's 1995 Rover 827Si auto Fastback for sale 59,000 miles

Moderators: guru, SJG

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brad's 1995 Rover 827Si auto Fastback for sale 59,000 miles

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I bought this car a couple of months ago from DLR (Dan) on this forum. The car is fine - I drove it to North London the other day and it went fine - averaged 29mpg which is fantastic. It's just not the car for me. Part of the reason is that the seats are manually operated and I can't get enough adjustment to get comfortable.

The MoT is until 29th October 2010 and it's taxed until end of June 2010.

Mileage is under 59,000.

Negatives:
Passenger door handle floppy
No air con

Good points:

Rust free
Grey Leather interior
Black solid paint
16" sports alloys (like on the standard Vitesse)
Nothing missing
Radio 'decoded'
Strong engine and transmission - pulls really well
Great brakes
No condensation
No drips, leaks or other problems
No dash lift as Kyle replaced the dash

I paid under £400 for it. It owes me about £475.

Anyone here interested? Payment in instalments arranged too!

http://www.rover800.info/forum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

Up to date pics will be added this afternoon...

Brad
Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

MikeMedford
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Brad's 1995 Rover 827Si auto Fastback for sale 59,000 mi

Post by MikeMedford » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote: Payment in instalments arranged too!
Now that's tempting, been uhming and arring over getting an 827 for awhile and getting shot of the vitesse.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Open to whatever you might want to suggest. It's in the way so needs a new home pretty fast.
No longer an 800 owner!

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 pm

If yer can take some pics, including engine bay and a couple from underneath that be great.

Will have a think on it today, really liked the look of it before :)

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

...nearly bought this the last time around... so tempting... must not listen to the voices in my head.... :-)
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Listening's one thing, you need to worry when you start replying. :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Re: Brad's 1995 Rover 827Si auto Fastback for sale 59,000 mi

Post by MikeMedford » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm

DLR wrote:
Any faults: Just the SRS light which stays on, corrupt ECU from when Kyle replaced the dash for a later one. Would swap the ECU, but it's a fault which does not affect the drive of the car.
Very Tall Brad wrote:N/S/F door handle broken and N/S/R window has some gremlins. Interior light not working when buttons pressed n the light unit but work okay when door opened. Exhaust blow. All simple stuff and will cost me nothing as parts already to hand (somewhere).

Brad
Very Tall Brad wrote: Negatives:
Passenger door handle floppy
No air con

Brad
I take it apart from the passenger door handle the rest has been sorted then?

Is it just the outside handle that's acting up? I take it still opens fine from the inside?

Also, I guess it has a sunroof? Can't make it out in the old pics and the handbrake lever is in the way on interior shot so cant see a switch :lol:

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I took some pics yesterday. Today it's heavy snow so no pics of the underside today, sorry.

Yes, the exhaust blow is fixed. It has an electric sunroof (no issues/rust).

Yes, the passenger door opens from the inside and still locks/unlocks both manually and on the remote.

Sorry, the SRS Airbag light is still on. I overlooked that, sorry.

NSR window fixed. Easy job, but fiddly.

Interior light replaced, now works off all doors and manually off the buttons.
No longer an 800 owner!

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Any idea if it was a twin airbag dash before kyle changed it?

Also any idea if the belts have been done before or due changing?

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

I have asked Kyle this and I think he said it was a non airbag dash before and that the airbag in the passenger side is not connected.

There is no cambelt history, sorry.
No longer an 800 owner!

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:43 pm

Now back in our hands, only this time the keys are in my pocket and not my dad's - after many years admiring, I am now an 800 owner.

Once again it was a pleasure to meet you Brad.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Bizarre. :lol:

At least you know it's history.

What brought that about?
Chris

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Mmmm....That IS a nice looking motor. Someone's bound to buy that.

Oh, hang on. Just checked. Everyone HAS bought it!

So it's all yours now, young Dan? Tell us the tale of that, please? :D

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 pm

CHR15E wrote:Bizarre. :lol:

At least you know it's history.

What brought that about?
Bizarre is not the word that some members of the family have used - stupid, mad, etc. seem to be more popular. But I don't mind, or care :P
BRG wrote:So it's all yours now, young Dan? Tell us the tale of that, please?
It all came about pretty much when we sold it - my 4 year old brother missed it, and today seemed more excited than me when we went to pick it up from 'Mister Brad', as he was affectionately named by said brother. And when it came up for sale I thought I'd buy it back and tidy it up finally to improve on work already done and look into running it when I've passed tests and got my licence. Yes insurance will probably financially cripple me, but almost any car would do this to a new driver, so why not spend a bit more and get a car I actually want? Mad I know, buying back the parent's old car after they downsize (ironically to a car we have owned in the past also - why do we keep buying our old cars back?!?)
BRG wrote:Mmmm....That IS a nice looking motor. Someone's bound to buy that.

Oh, hang on. Just checked. Everyone HAS bought it!
I'll agree with that, it's becoming a bit of a bike admittedly; what with Brad before I, We before Brad, Kyle before We, and I gather it was around on .co.uk for a bit before that as well?
Been round the block more times than it'd care to mention, but only covering 59,000 miles in the process! :D

Suffice to say, now I actually have an 800, I may actually start posting on the forum rather than looking in from the outside? :lol:

Not even 17 and already on my 3rd car...life's a mystery.

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:48 pm

As long as you're happy that's all that matters.
Chris