For Sale: 1995 Rover 827Si in BLACK

Moderators: guru, SJG

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

For Sale: 1995 Rover 827Si in BLACK

Post by DLR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Time has come to pass on the 827. She is known on this forum by many, previously owned by Kyle, so seems fitting that she's offered up here first.

As per thread title, she is a 1995 827Si with Automatic Transmission. Now done 52,000 miles.

Spec: leather seats, with later post-1996 doorcards. All round electrics, Power Steering, Alloy wheels, etc. A typical mid-range 800. Original Rover cassette player with 6 disc CD changer in boot. Rear smoked lights also from a later 800.

Pictures:

(excuse the dodgy picture, I will upload another one in due course)

(car seat not included :lol: )

Any faults: Just the SRS light which stays on, corrupt ECU from when Kyle replaced the dash for a later one. Would swap the ECU, but it's a fault which does not affect the drive of the car.

Now for the reason for sale...

Tax runs out at the end of this month (June) and MOT is up at the end of July. Therefore it is sold on the spares/repairs basis. However all it will need for the MOT is 4 new tyres. We need a smaller car now - not just a smaller engine, but the 800 is not required as I now have my 'ped to go out and about on. And let's face it, how often do I go out with the family now? :wink:

We are looking for some form of cabriolet, so if anyone fancies swapping in their 200 with removable lid for this MONSTER, then PM me. Viewing in Swindon, Wilts. Any questions, ask away. Price: After around £400, but open to offers within this region. For that price, you are getting TOO MUCH car to handle for your money :wink: .

This will be available here for the next week - if there is no interest, then it will be offered to the vultures on ebay.

Seans Dad
Regular Visitor

Post by Seans Dad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Dan, the car looks nice, but I think £400 with such a short MOT on it is asking a bit much.

Would it not pay you to put four new tyres on it, and then get 12 months MOT on it, you might find it will gain more interest, and you should, in theory, get slightly more than the £400 you are looking for.

Just my input...... :D

Dan.
1999 Mercedes C Class C240 Sport Auto Estate.

Previous Rovers: '94 827 Sterling Fastback Auto, '91 820si Fastback Auto.

http://www.mgt-dist.co.uk

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DLR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:46 pm

It is a bit much, but I did say "open to offers" :wink: .

I've no input into this car, just a passenger viewpoint. Dad's the one selling, and to be perfectly honest we haven't got the cash to spare on tyres/tax/mot, hence why we are trying to sell it. It is the only functioning car in our stable, see, and in the ideal world we'd SORN it and do things as and when; but as we rely on it, we can't do that. It's not a banger which I am asking the world for, it is a genuine motor that just needs a bit of rubber to see it straight. Part Service History, both keyfobs and keys present, a reliable car perfect for motorway journeys. Ideal parts car, if you look at it like that? Well over £400 worth of parts on it :) .

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:32 pm

I can vouch for this car as being one of the most rust free 800's I have seen/owned
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks Kyle.

If there is no interest in the car, then we probably will keep it and find the cash somehow to put tyres/MOT on it. Just an idea to test the water, see if anyone is interested. Yes it's a lot of money for a car, but it's a lot of car for your money. :lol:

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi Dan

Are the seats manually operated?

Thanks

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:31 am

Brad,

The seats are manually operated.

Thanks,

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm

I am interested. PM sent.
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:14 pm

PM replied to.

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Still for sale. Mileage 57,000. Three new tyres, MOT'd until October 29th 2010, Tax'd until end of December this year.

Offers around £400?

Looking for a smaller car, possibly 200/400, so would be open to offers of a swap perhaps? Need a car with a smaller engine, job circumstances have changed all round and there is less income to run the car now. Ironically, it would be cheaper to insure this than the Cabriolet I now own? Madness.

Any questions, ask away.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Beautiful looking car. Best of luck with the sale (which should take no time at all).
One or two 800s...

Mike V
Rover Guru

Post by Mike V » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Hey DLR,

Do you have any engine bay pics?

Is there any rust at all? Pics would be good.

Thanks
MIKE V

aryan57
Regular Visitor

Still for sale?

Post by aryan57 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi Dan,

Car looks very tempting. Wondering wether to keep my 820Si or time for a change maybe.

Where are you living?

Thomas.
1992 820SI saloon.

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am

Mike,
Mike V wrote:Do you have any engine bay pics? Is there any rust at all? Pics would be good.
I will get an engine bay shot over the course of the day. As for other pics, see the top of the thread. :wink: No rust.

Thanks also to all who have complimented this car - much appreciated.

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:35 am

This car is now sold, weather permitting will be collected on Friday. I don't think this will be the last you see of it either ;)